Saturday, March 27, 2010

21 Quotes to Guide Me

This is a list of 21 quotes that mean the most to me and stand for who I am. They inspire me in my everyday life and in my everyday activites. I have a certain way I guide my life. Do I disapoint myself sometimes? Of course but I always promise to do better after I've disapointed myself. I always pick myself up after I fall. So here they are and I hope they brighten your life like they've brightened mine:
1. "We weren't sister's by birth but I knew from the start God put us together to be sisters at heart" -This is a quote I was told by one of my friends years ago and it's special to me because it reminds me of friendships I've lost and ones I've found.
2. "Friends that matter don't car and friends that care don't matter"- From the moment I heard this quote it's been one of my favorites, it says a lot to me. It basically means that friends that you care about shouldn't care about things on the outside and it they do they're not good friends
3. "One who does not think for themselves does not think at all"(Oscar Wilde)- You need to be able to think for yourself and make your own decisions regarding everything. You need to be your own person not anybody else's
4. "It's never too late to be who you might've been"(George Elliot)- Everybody says I wish I did this or I wish I did that but in truth you can it's never too late and taking the first step is all it take
5."Together forever never apart maybe in distance but never in heart"- Friends and Family alike never stray a mile in your heart they're just as close even if your a contient away. Our heart is where we keep everything near and dear, close so it's never faraway
6."Life's truest happiness comes from the friendships we make along the way"- My friends are the people in my life that make me happy that let me laugh and have a great time. They make me the person I am, they make me fight for what I overally stand for in my everyday life.
7. "Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets"(Arthur Miller)-We can never redo life when time passes it's over and unfortunately you never get it back. We keep these moments close to us that way we can learn from them and hope that we come out even better than before.
8. "Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once"(Lillian Pickson)- One time is all you have you need to live it to be the best and the most successful. You're in control of your life and you should never forget that.
9. "Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony"(Mahatama Gandhi)- Everybody has different interpretations of happiness and this is probaly closet to mine. I think everything needs to be connected one way or another.
10."Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing it was here first"(Mark Twain)- You can't expect anything out of life because it's your job to make something out of life not sit around and wait which could eventally make you become a hobo
11. "Who bravely dares must somtimes risk a fall"(Tobias George Smollett)- I've met plenty of confident people, people who are willing to conquer the world if that's what needs to be done but unfortunately everyone has to fall once in a while you can't win every fight.
12." Imagination is more important that knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world"(Albert Einstein)- Beinf book-smart is great don't get me wrong but how can you get anywhere in the world if you can't dream and dream big. I set high standards and I have high hopes and dreams, that doesn't come from book-smarts it comes from my wild imagination
13. "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"(T.S. Elliot)- Most little kids I know like to push their limits and this technique is actually pretty smart because you can't know how far you can go if you've never tested your limits.
14. "Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it and virtue is doing it"(David Starr Jordan)- Not everybody knows how to act in all situations but wisdom, skill and virtue help a lot. They often guide you more than you know in your daily decisions.
15. "First say to yourself what you would be and then do what you have to do"(Epictetus)- Knowing what you need to do is the first step to achieveing any goal. The second step is doing it.
16. "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone"(Loretta Scott)- I've met a lot of people who do the little things that can help towards the greater picture. What you do today can help change tomorrow.
17. "Expecting life to treat you well because your a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegatarian"(Shari R. Barr)- You can never expect things out of life because then you'll often turn up empty handed. I learned my lesson a long time ago when my well turned up dry.
18. "One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief that is a fate more terrible than dying"(Joan of Arc)-People openly ruin their lives everyday with no attempt to fix it. We must hold hope and belief in order to thrive in life.
19. "If you love something let it go. If it comes back it's yours. If it doesn't it never really was in the first place" - You know when someone loves you they would do anything for you even let you go if that's what it would take.
20. "Love doesn't make the world fo round. Love is what makes the ride worth while"(Franklin P. Jones)-Your in charge of your life you make the globe spin but things like love and adoration make your life more enjoyable
21. "The really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour"- If you can make the best out of the worst situation you truly know how to live and be happy.
Those are all 21 of them! They make me think harder about the meaning of life and help push me to keep going I really hope they help you people reading too!

No comments:

Post a Comment